A timeless and a Sex in the City , this personalized couple's name plate necklace is one you will wear for years to come. Each necklace is made to order just for you.
- Necklace can be made with up to 8 characters
- At check out please indicate in the notes section what you would like on the pendant
- Chain Length: 18 inches
- Pendant size: 34x5.5 mm
- Base Material: Sterling Silver
- Also Available in 14K gold vermeil, 14 K rose gold plating vermeil
What is Gold Vermeil? Vermeil (French for silver, pronounced ver-may) refers to a variety of gold-coated metal. For metal to be considered vermeil, it needs to meet three main trade criteria:
- The base of the metal must be of sterling (92.5%) or fine (99.9%) silver. This is why vermeil is also known by its other names: Silver Gilt or Gilded Silver
- The purity of the gold must be of at least 10 karats
- The thickness of the gold coat should consist of a minimum of 2.5 microns (0.0025 millimeters)
If these three criteria are not met, then the metal becomes gold-filled or gold-plated. You can also find gold vermeil in other colors such as rose gold.
Gold vermeil allows the jeweler to create beautiful gold jewelry designs, without the expense of using solid gold. Gold vermeil jewelry is crafted only using precious metals so it is more hypoallergenic and it gives the wearer the option of wearing gold jewelry at a much lower cost than solid gold.
The Pirate + The Gypsy is a Canadian based sustainable jewelry studio and boutique located in New Westminster, BC. All jewelry is handforged by head designer Paula Godden and her husband Joel. Along with creating quality handmade products The Pirate + The Gypsy focuses on ecologically conscious materials and transparency with consideration to the jewelry’s impact on our environment. All The Pirate + The Gypsy collections are crafted with high quality hypoallergenic metals including, gold, silver and platinum. In addition to their current designs custom creations are also available including a complimentary consultation.
The Pirate + The Gypsy was founded by Paula + Joel Godden in 2015. As a Greek, Polish and Romani woman Paula was never taught that Gypsy was negative and was encouraged to embrace who she is, her heritage and her history. It is in within The Pirate + The Gypsy jewelry creations that the stories of Paula’s childhood and culture are reborn in hopes of reclaiming the beauty behind the name and the people.